HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) - Reno County officials were busy early Thursday morning with several water rescues.
The Reno County Sheriff said water rescues took place near 56th Ave and Pennington Road, 82nd Ave. and Sunrise by Buhler, and the 3500 block of Pennington Road. In total, seven water rescues have taken place.
Officials said major flooding is expected along Cow Creek near Hutchinson. Already, the creek has reached record levels at 12.91 feet. The National Weather Service expects the river to crest sometime this evening.
Flooding is also occurring near the Little Arkansas River.
Officials are warning people to not drive across water covered roads. They also said do not drive around barricades.
The creek and river conditions in Reno County are as follows:
- Cow Creek is at 12.91 feet and is forecasted to crest at approximately 13.2 feet. It is expected to rise and be at or above the moderate flood stage through early next week.
- Arkansas River in Hutchinson is at 9.44 ft and expected to crest on Monday. It will remain at the minor flood stage until through early next week.
- Arkansas River in Haven is at 10.85 ft and is expected to crest on Sunday. It will remain at the moderate flood stage through early next week.
- Arkansas River in Nickerson is expected to continue to rise through the weekend.
- Ninnescah River at Cheney Reservoir remains at flood stage.
- Little Arkansas River at Buhler will remain at flood stage through Saturday.
Road closures are being updated through the Reno County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page. Be sure to follow this page for the most current information in Reno County. If you have non-emergency questions or are displaced from your residence and in need of shelter, please call out non-emergency number 620-694-2995. Call 911 in the event of an emergency.
Follow the Reno County Sheriff's Facebook page for the latest updates.
Closed Roads as of October 11:
- 108th Nickerson to Centennial
- 95th Dean to Sallee
- 85th Old K61 to Mayfield...
- 82nd Dean to Pennington
- 82nd Kent to Mayfield
- 69th Yaggy to Hendricks
- 69th K96 to Nickerson
- 56th Nickerson to Riverton
- 56th Yaggy to Eisenhower
- 43rd Hendricks to Pennington
- 43rd Yaggy to Wilson
- 43rd Nickerson to Herren
- 17th Riverton to Herren
- 17th from Whiteside to Dean
- Buhler Rd 56th Ave to 69th Ave (S of Buhler)
- Centennial from Clark to Illinois
- Centennial from Fountain Green to Pleasant Valley
- Clark Partridge to Riverton
- Dean 82nd to 95th
- Dean from 4th to 17th
- Dean Morgan to Illinois
- Herren 17th to 43rd
- Medora 95th-108th
- Obee G to US 50
- Parallel Halstead to McNew
- Pennington 82nd to Nickerson Blvd
- Red Rock from Olcott to Netherland
- Riverton 56th to 43rd
- Riverton 82nd to 108th
- Sallee 82nd to 108th
- Sterling 69th to 82nd
- Whiteside from 4th to 17th
- Wilson 56th to 69th
- Wilson 82nd to 69th
- Yaggy Rd 82nd to 69th
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Some Iowa puppy mill dogs being moved...
18 missing Kansas foster children...