MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Kan. (AP) — Authorities have identified a college student from South Carolina as the victim of a drowning earlier this week at a Kansas lake.
Khalil Fulton, 18, of Lake City, South Carolina, drowned Wednesday after doing a flip off the dock at State Lake in Montgomery County.
The sheriff says witnesses told deputies Fulton resurfaced after going into the water then went back under once again and never resurfaced a second time.
Fulton was a student at Independence Community College, which is located four miles from the lake.
- 5 arrested after stealing $16K in items from Wichita stores
- Spirit AeroSystems closing McAlester, Oklahoma facility and moving work to Tulsa and Wichita
- Topeka police announce arrest in 2017 killing
- Sedgwick County Zoo launches “Give Wild” campaign
- ‘I’m not alone’: Arkansas teen with autism gets support from football players at school