COWLEY COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities say a body has been pulled from a river in southern Kansas.
The body was recovered Saturday from the Walnut River in Cowley County.
Sheriff Kelly Herzet says a fisherman reported the body to the Cowley County 911 dispatchers. A detective from the Butler County Sheriff’s office was called out to the scene to assist Cowley County emergency crews. Herzet says the man’s body was badly decomposed and can’t be identified at this time.
The Butler County Sheriff’s Office says they are waiting for an autopsy to help identify the individual.
- Hutchinson demonstration remains peaceful despite rumors of counter-protest
- Hundreds gather for peaceful protests throughout Wichita Saturday
- 61-year-old man arrested in connection to stabbing in southeast Wichita
- Broncos players, coaches join Floyd demonstration in Denver
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot & humid feel isn’t going anywhere