WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 36-year-old California man who was stopped in Kansas with 50 pounds of methamphetamine in his car was sentenced today to six years in federal prison.
Jesus Antonio Garcia-Maldonado pleaded guilty to one count of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
In his plea, he admitted he was stopped for speeding on U.S. 54 near Minneola in Clark County.
Law enforcement officers found approximately 50 pounds of methamphetamine in wrapped packages under seats and behind a rear quarter panel. Garcia-Maldonado said he was driving the drugs from San Diego, Calif., to Minnesota.
- KU football coach Les Miles placed on administrative leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- USD 259 BOE to discuss 4th quarter learning model in Monday meeting
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Weekend warm up then work week showers and storms
- Ramping up efforts for getting teachers vaccinated
- Camera catches Subaru driver fleeing after crash with motorcycle in Portland