Authorities say a fire that erupted after a New Year’s Eve party at a Hutchinson building has been classified as undetermined.
The fire destroyed the building at 909 South Main Street. It was being used as a wood hobby shop. The Hutchinson Fire Department battled sub-zero temperatures to bring the fire under control.
Investigators think a chimney flue became overheated somewhere around the roof line, and the origin of the fire was at the ceiling level. However, extensive damage to that area and burned materials made it difficult to confirm. Thus, investigators ruled it undetermined.
The fire resulted in the loss of the entire building.