OSAGE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Highway Patrol reports an 8-year-old girl died in a three-vehicle wreck caused by icy roads in northeast Kansas.
The crash happened around 7:45 a.m. Monday on Highway 56 in Osage County.
The Kansas Highway Patrol said a Dodge pickup truck was headed west out of Overbrook on US-56 when the driver, Kristin Edwards, 43, lost control.
Troopers say the Dodge crossed the center line and hit a Ford Edge head-on, then an Oldsmobile Alero rear-ended the Ford.
Cassie Ralston, 8, of Scranton, was a passenger in the Ford. She died at the scene. The driver of the Ford, Terry Ralston, 52, was taken to a Topeka hospital for treatment of a suspected minor injury.
The driver of the Dodge pickup and her passenger, Luke Edwards, 14, of Overbrook, were also taken to a Topeka hospital. Their conditions are unknown.
The 17-year-old driver of the Oldsmobile was not injured.
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Kansas’s least populated county confirms first coronavirus case
- ‘It’s heartbreaking’: Many come out to pay respects for 3-year-old KCK girl found dead
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire