INDEPENDENCE, Kan. (AP) – Charges have been filed in connection to the shooting death of a woman in southeast Kansas.
Benjamin Mason, 18, is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Kimberly Meeks.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation says 19-year-old Kimberly Meeks, of Coffeyville, was shot and killed on the evening of Dec. 14 while walking along Main Street.
Mason was booked into the Montgomery County Jail. The investigation is ongoing.
- Timeline for Trump incitement impeachment trial still uncertain
- Chiefs’ Mahomes cleared to play in AFC championship
- D-coordinators bring head coaching chops to NFL title games
- Speculation over Tokyo Olympics: 2021, 2032 or not at all?
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say