INDEPENDENCE, Kan. (AP) – Charges have been filed in connection to the shooting death of a woman in southeast Kansas.
Benjamin Mason, 18, is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Kimberly Meeks.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation says 19-year-old Kimberly Meeks, of Coffeyville, was shot and killed on the evening of Dec. 14 while walking along Main Street.
Mason was booked into the Montgomery County Jail. The investigation is ongoing.
- Wichita State University and Black Student Union celebrate Black-owned business
- Dennis scores career-high 21, Wichita St. beats Tulane 82-57
- Plane crash injures one person in Valley Center
- Orangutan granted ‘personhood’ turns 34, makes new friend
- PHOTOS: Daytona 500 kicks off NASCAR racing season