INDEPENDENCE, Kan. (AP) – Charges have been filed in connection to the shooting death of a woman in southeast Kansas.
Benjamin Mason, 18, is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Kimberly Meeks.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation says 19-year-old Kimberly Meeks, of Coffeyville, was shot and killed on the evening of Dec. 14 while walking along Main Street.
Mason was booked into the Montgomery County Jail. The investigation is ongoing.
- Wichita brewer uses production facility to bottle hand sanitizer for first responders
- Lawmakers and organizations want more resources for teachers and students
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 1, 2020
- More than cookie cutters, local business turns to making face shields
- Teachman’s Take: Temps surge ahead of a powerful cold front