CHENEY, Kan. (KSNW) – A crash Tuesday afternoon resulting from a stolen pickup truck in Kingman County resulted in multiple injuries including one child being transferred to a hospital in critical condition. The call came in around 2:30 p.m. near 15th St. and 359th St. W. just outside of the Cheney City limits.
Captain Brad Hoch with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office said Cheney police spotted a pickup truck that was reported stolen in Kingman County. A pursuit ensued which started inside Cheney and ended outside the city’s limits.
One child, who was inside the stolen pick-up, was critically injured in the crash and transported to a local hospital. Another driver in an SUV, who was not part of the pursuit but got in the way, was also injured and taken to a hospital.
Captain Hoch said the Cheney police chief was also injured in the crash.
The suspect was taken into custody. The investigation is ongoing.
- Hand sanitizer recall: US brands join FDA list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers
- Kansas Wesleyan University: Computer Studies
- Secret Spots: Harvey County West Park
- Furry Friends: The Beloved Pet Nanny
- Kids’ Corner: Tennis At Home with USTA