TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) – A fire in Topeka heavily damaged an apartment complex.
Topeka firefighters were called to the Whitehall Apartments on Southwest Gage early Thursday. Crews were able to put the fire out within an hour.
One person, whose apartment investigators said the fire started in, was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The fire caused around $125,000 in damage. Investigators believe the fire started in a kitchen.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita