MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) – A former Kansas State University student is suing a bar in the Aggiveille entertainment district where she was raped almost two years ago, alleging it lacked adequate security.
The Kansas City Star reports that the lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court says the woman was at O’Malley’s bar after midnight in February 2018 waiting for a friend to get off work.
She had half a drink before stepping into the bar’s restroom, where two men stepped in behind her when the door failed to lock. The suit says one man raped her while the other pinned her against a wall.
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child
- Mexico, U.S. reach last-minute deal on water debt payment
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Kansas unemployment benefits will end at 13 weeks not 20 weeks
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch