HAYS, Kan. (KSNW) – Fort Hays State University is being forced to move their homecoming event due to cold weather,
The Tiger Bonfire and Victor E Tiger March will not be held due to “high winds and for the safety of all involved,” as stated by Fort Hays via social media.
University officials say Thursday night’s pep rally is still on at 7:30 p.m. but is now at Gross Memorial Coliseum.
The event is still expected to feature remarks from President Tisa Mason and head football coach Chris Brown, performances by the FHSU band, cheer squad and Tiger Debs.
The event will also introduce the homecoming royalty candidates, alumni award recipients and Tiger athletes.
- Newsfeed Now for October 16: Close encounter with a bear; Rage Yoga
- Debate takeaways: Warren attacked, 70s club avoids age issue
- Dozens attend first ever Kansas City ‘rage yoga’ class, which includes cursing and alcohol
- Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney possibly found alive
- Mom’s viral Facebook post encourages blue Trick-or-Treat buckets for autism awareness