HAYS, Kan. (KSNW) – Fort Hays State University is being forced to move their homecoming event due to cold weather,
The Tiger Bonfire and Victor E Tiger March will not be held due to “high winds and for the safety of all involved,” as stated by Fort Hays via social media.
University officials say Thursday night’s pep rally is still on at 7:30 p.m. but is now at Gross Memorial Coliseum.
The event is still expected to feature remarks from President Tisa Mason and head football coach Chris Brown, performances by the FHSU band, cheer squad and Tiger Debs.
The event will also introduce the homecoming royalty candidates, alumni award recipients and Tiger athletes.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Cooler than average start to the workweek
- Coronavirus in Kansas: 7 more deaths, 1,064 more cases
- Child hit by car in Topeka
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 105th birthday with drive-by salute
- Alabama man finds alligator swimming in his backyard pool