ELLIS, Kan. (KSNW) – A little snow didn’t stop many from the town of Ellis from coming out and welcoming “Big Boy” today.
The 1941 steam locomotive is chugging across the state on a nation-wide trip.
The train’s cross-country journey is to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the transcontinental railroad. It’s arrival in Ellis drew quite the crowd.
Union Pacific officials say the snow forced “Big Boy” to travel a bit slower than usual.
The locomotive heads into colorado Saturday.
- Wichita public libraries reopen their locations for in-person services
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Warm and windy then rainy and cool
- 5-year-old girl dies in early morning crash near 47th south
- As pandemic continues, Ascension Via Christi focusing on mental health of its staff
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints