TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Governor Laura Kelly appointed Brig. Gen. David A. Weishaar as Adjutant General to replace General Lee Tafanelli on Wednesday.
Weishaar currently serves as Commander of the Kansas Air National Guard and Assistant Adjutant General-Air.
The Adjutant General is the principal military advisor to the Governor.
Weishaar has over 39 years of service. Prior to his role as Assistant Adjutant General-Air, he was Commander of the 184th Intelligence Wing from 2015 to 2018. He received his Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management from Friends University.
Weishaar will succeed Lee Tafanelli, who is scheduled to resign as Adjutant General on March 31, 2020.
- Ramey scores 26 as Texas rolls past Kansas State, 70-59
- Police find Virginia woman’s purse almost two decades after theft
- Corps closes Missouri River levee break near Rock Port
- Tennessee elementary school raises money to get janitor a car
- Small fire in cooler at KSU stadium causes $10K in damage