ATCHISON, Kan. (AP) – Federal officials are investigating the death of an Indiana man at a northeast Kansas grain processing plant.
The Atchison Globe reports that Atchison County Sheriff Jack Laurie says 26-year-old Angel Silas-Deleon, of Logansport, Indiana, died from an electrical shock Friday at the CargillAg plant in the Cummings area.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has opened an investigation into the death.
Laurie said Silas-Deleon was working on a grain bin with a contractor crew from CCSGroup of Seward, Nebraska. The company said another employee is recovering from injuries suffered by the shock.
That employee’s name and condition were not released Tuesday.
Laurie said the shock is considered accidental.
- Law Tigers Kansas Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
- Test Drive With Orr Nissan Wichita: Armada
- Fashion Forward Friday With Moxie Boutique: Summer Date Night Looks
- Motorcycle crash closes southbound I-135 ramp to eastbound Kellogg
- Outdoor Life: Flatwater Fitness And Fun