KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Travelers will have to more direct flights from Kansas City International Airport to Mexico beginning in February.
Airport officials announced this week that Vacation Express will fly one nonstop route to Cancun and another to Puerto Vallarta on Sundays.
The Kansas City Star reports other airlines serve Cancun from Kansas City but the airport has not had nonstop service to Puerto Vallarta since Frontier ended service there in 2015.
Vacation Express is a tour company that operates charter flights to sunny destinations.
The announcement comes just days after Icelandair announced it would drop seasonal service to Reykjavik – Kansas City’s only nonstop transatlantic service.
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Google Doodle promotes mask-wearing and social distancing practices
- Andy Reid, Chiefs coaches preparing for a training camp unlike any other
- Southwest Airlines cuts back on COVID-19 cleanings to speed up flight turnarounds
- Moderna to price coronavirus vaccine between $32 and $37 per dose