SILVER LAKE, Kan. (AP) – A northeast Kansas man has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 4-year-old granddaughter.
Shawnee County District Attorney Mike Kagay announced Thursday that 56-year-old Timothy Wayne Funk Sr., of Silver Lake, was charged in the July death of Brandy Funk. He is also charged with two counts of aggravated endangering a child.
Brandy, of Beatrice, Nebraska, died July 23 at a Silver Lake home.
Authorities did not release any further information Thursday.
Funk remains jailed in Shawnee County Jail Thursday afternoon on $500,000 bond.
Funk was discharged from state prison in August 2012 after serving time for driving under the influence, fourth or subsequent offense in June 2008.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Law Tigers Kansas Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
- Test Drive With Orr Nissan Wichita: Armada
- Fashion Forward Friday With Moxie Boutique: Summer Date Night Looks
- Motorcycle crash closes southbound I-135 ramp to eastbound Kellogg
- Outdoor Life: Flatwater Fitness And Fun