PITTSBURG, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Bureau of Investigation announced Tuesday that KBI and the Pittsburg Police Department are conducting a death investigation at a home in Pittsburg.
In a news release, KBI stated that on Tuesday, Sept. 15, around 7:25 a.m., the Pittsburg Police Department received a 911 call from a resident at 416 N. Warren St., in Pittsburg, reporting an unresponsive subject. When officers arrived at the home, they discovered 23-year-old Tylei Messer deceased inside. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Messer lived at the residence.
The KBI was asked to assist on Tuesday at approximately 7:40 a.m. Special agents and the Crime Scene Response Team responded to the scene.
KBI asked anyone with information related to this case to call the KBI at 1-800-KSCRIME or the Pittsburg Police Department at (620) 231-1700.
An autopsy is scheduled. The investigation is ongoing.
- Korn Ferry Tour golfers prepare for heat, record-breaking crowds ahead of Wichita Open
- Beating the heat: Wichitans brave high temps
- As the temperature rises, so does crime
- Veteran Salute: Navy Corpsman says his job was to keep them alive
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Triple digit heat ahead of yearly average, hottest still to come Thursday