ALLEN COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Bureau of Investigation, the Iola Police Department, and the Allen County Sheriff’s Office are investigating a death that occurred in Iola on Monday.
In a news release, the KBI stated at approximately 2:10 p.m. Monday afternoon, the Iola Police Department received a 911 call from a citizen reporting a fight at 621 S. Washington Ave. Officers responded to the house where they found 34-year-old Jamie D. Martin, of Iola, lying in the driveway.
Martin was unresponsive so officers started life-saving measures. EMS responded and transported Martin to the Allen County Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The police department requested help from the KBI around 3 p.m.
Anyone with information related to this case is asked to call the KBI at 1-800-KS-CRIME. Tips can also be submitted online by clicking here.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- KBI: Arkansas man dead following an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler and more wintry weather is on the way