THOMAS COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Bureau of Investigation said they are investigating an officer-involved shooting that occurred at a rest stop in Colby.
Investigators tell KSN News preliminary information indicates at approximately 8:40 p.m. Friday, Thomas County Dispatch received a report of a stolen vehicle from the Pilot Travel Center by East Willow Avenue.
A Thomas County Sheriff’s Office deputy was on duty and located the vehicle approximately 10 miles west of Colby at mile marker 49.
The deputy fired a shot that struck the driver of the stolen vehicle, 24-year-old Jackson Bayer of Colorado.
Bayer was transported by EMS to Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado with non-life-threatening injuries in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. The findings will be turned over to the Thomas County Attorney for review.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- KBI: Arkansas man dead following an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler and more wintry weather is on the way