LANE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – One person died Wednesday morning in Lane County. The accident happened around 9 a.m. at Kansas Highway 4 Milemarker 126.6 or 1/4 mile East of K-23 in Lane County.
Officials reported a truck stopped on K-4 where a pedestrian was manually locking the rear steering pin onto a trailer. The truck driver exited his truck for unknown reasons and then got back into his truck after getting an all-clear from the lead vehicle, not knowing the pedestrian was still under the trailer.
Charles Twa, 55, from Texas died in the accident.
- Second stimulus: Mnuchin says White House will ‘seriously consider’ more payments
- Governor releases requirements for new Kansas mask policy
- Walmart turning 160 of its parking lots into drive-in theaters
- Two trucks collide near Heizer in Barton County
- Buck moon eclipse will be visible in Kansas July 4