JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (KSNT) – A man is in stable condition after being life-flighted to a Topeka hospital.
Junction City police say they were called to an apartment complex Sunday evening at about 6:30 on a report of a person bleeding. Officers arrived at 110 W. 6th and found 25-year old John Edward Motton suffering from a stab wound to his chest.
During the investigation, it was determined the victim had been assaulted in one of the apartments where he lives with his girlfriend, 21-year-old Kyrianna Johnson. Johnson was arrested on suspicion of domestic aggravated battery and transported to the Geary County Detention Center where she is being held without bond pending a first appearance.
The victim was taken to Stormont Vail in Topeka where he is in stable condition.
- Gallery: 2020 April Shots of the Day
- Grocery workers are key during the virus – and they are afraid
- Family faced uphill battle with daughter’s double lung transplant. Then came COVID-19
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Turning warmer Monday but not much sun
- As cases surge, 3 in 4 US hospitals already facing COVID-19