SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) — A 91-year-old Salina man died Monday afternoon when a car hit him as he was standing in the street.
Salina police say an 82-year-old man was driving the car west on Oakdale Drive near Oakdale Park around 4:33 p.m. Monday.
Investigators say he may have suffered a medical condition because he reportedly became light-headed and dizzy and may have blacked out.
Police say his car hit a pickup parked on the street and then hit James Price, 91, who was standing in the street next to the pickup. Price died from his injuries.
The Salina Police Department says the crash investigating is still ongoing.
- Man arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office says
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Temperatures play a big role in precipitation type on upcoming winter storm
- Attorney: Matthew Colborn dismissed from attack ad lawsuit; produces secretly recorded audio with O’Donnell, Capps, and Clendenin
- Wichita hospitals taking in out-of-state COVID-19 patients
- Gov. Kelly comes to Wichita: Signs proclamation for National Business Women’s Week, talks COVID