HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) - The Reno County Board of Commissioners declared a local disaster today due to flooding in Reno County.
Heavy rain has saturated the ground, causing field run off. Several roads have been closed throughout the county.
Over the next week, Cow Creek, the Little Arkansas River, Arkansas River and Ninnescah River will continue to rise.
On Saturday, forecasters estimate Cow Creek could crest at 12.4 feet. If the waters reach that level, based on historical data, several roadways will be closed and multiple homes will be affected.
Officials said if you are staying in an area that may be prone to flooding, you should evaluate on whether to evacuate your home.
- 95th Dean to Sallee
- Sallee 82nd to 108th
- Wilson 82nd to 69th
- Pennington 50th to 69th
- Parallel Rd Mohawk to Whiteside
- 108th Nickerson to Centennial
- Arlington Haven to Victory
- Hodge 30th to 43rd
- Riverton 82nd to 108th
- Wilson 56th to 69th
- Sego Clark to 4th
- Dean 82nd to 95th
- Worthington Lake Cable to Arlington
- Partridge Blanchard to Clark
- Obee G to US 50
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Driver opens fire on North Carolina trooper,...
- Student gunman kills 19, wounds 50 at school in...
- Melania Trump visits babies, moms affected by...
- Mexico Beach residents return home again _ some...
- Hillary Clinton apparently unharmed in...