PENALOSA, Kan. (KSNW) - A Reno County man has died as a result of a farming accident. The incident occurred to the area of Maple Grove and Sterling roads near Penalosa.
The Reno County Sheriff's Office reports officers arrived on the scene shortly before 11 a.m. Monday to find a man lying on the ground and another person performing CPR on him. The deputy who responded to the scene took over CPR, but after about 30 minutes, an emergency medical service supervisor on the scene declared the victim deceased.
Sheriff's officials identified the man as 34-year-old Daniel Bruce Smith of Penalosa. They report he had been working with another person in the 27500 block of S. Sterling Rd. using a skid steer loader to set posts in the ground. Smith was beneath the skid steer's bucket taking measurements to set the post when it became separated from the loader.
Although the bucket was eventually moved, Smith succumbed to his wounds.
Sheriff's officials have determined Smith's death was accidental.
Police captain convicted of...
Kansas independent candidate wants to
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Great Bend residents comment on abandoned hotel
- Golfers concerned about future of MacDonald Golf...
- Wichita girl becomes fastest 9 year old in U.S.
- UPDATE: 2 injured in north Wichita shooting
- Police captain convicted of disorderly conduct...