TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) – Senator Jerry Moran is co-sponsoring a bill that he says would help Kansas airports.
FAA air traffic controllers are mandated to retire at age 56. If they work beyond that at federal contract towers, they are financially penalized.
The bill co-sponsored by Senator Moran would get rid of that penalty.
There are eight Kansas facilities that participate in the contract program tower, including Hutchinson, Garden City and Salina.
- Mass celebrated after fire damages centuries-old church
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Florida reports largest, single-day increase in COVID cases
- Search of California lake resumes for missing “Glee” star