TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – A wayward squirrel is being blamed for a power outage in Topeka.
KSNT-TV reports that about 3,000 Evergy customers were without electricity when the power went out around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. Crews had the lights back on within about a half-hour.
The electric company says a squirrel made contact with equipment, causing the outage. Among those impacted were businesses, Topeka West High School and several traffic lights.
- Caught on camera: Colorado police handcuff kids
- Business leaders say economy still improving after reopening
- Newest justice for Kansas Supreme Court to be sworn in
- Authorities investigating a deadly shooting in Osborne
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Isaias; Stimulus negotiations continue