WYANDOTTE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas City Kansas Police Department has rescinded a statewide Silver Alert for a missing Kansas City man. KCKPD said Mata has been located by family and is safe.
The Kansas City Police Department requested that the Kansas Bureau of Investigation Friday to issue a statewide Silver Alert for a missing Kansas City man.
Law enforcement officials are asking for the public’s assistance to help locate 81-year old Charles W. Mata, who is currently missing from his home in the 4900 block of Silver Ave. in Kansas City
Mata was last known driving a dark blue, 4-door 2008 Mazda 3 with KS tag 748-AQD with an unknown direction of travel.
Mata is an 81-year-old Hispanic male, 5 feet 7 inches tall, and weighs 165 pounds. He has brown eyes, gray hair, and glasses. He was last wearing blue jeans, a gray shirt with green trim, and glasses.
Mata has early-onset dementia. He was last seen in Lenexa at 5:15 a.m. the morning of Friday, Oct. 30. He may have traveled near I-35 and Johnson Dr., in Merriam.
Anyone who sees Mata or his vehicle is asked to call 911.
- NFL player Isaiah Crowell gives back to his hometown
- Utah monolith already attracting crowds – locals worried about people’s safety and damage to the land
- Governor Laura Kelly addresses COVID-19 concerns
- Explosives found during Barton County burglary investigation
- Ravens-Steelers game moves to Sunday