MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) – A major winter storm moving across the region is expected to drop roughly 6 inches of snow on parts of Kansas and Missouri, and the storm is already causing travel problems.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says a section of westbound Interstate 70 near Manhattan closed Sunday morning after a crash involving three semitrailer trucks and two other vehicles blocked the road.
A section of westbound I-70 also closed near O’Fallon, Missouri, after several crashes.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for much of eastern Kansas, Missouri and part of Illinois Sunday.
The snow is expected to continue falling throughout Sunday.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Chilly start then pleasant Tuesday
- Racing community takes the wheel after a racer’s gear was stolen
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting