WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – On Sunday, thousands watched the Kansas City Chiefs AFC championship win against the Tennessee Titans.
It included the Bell family from Wichita. Mike Bell’s nephew, Blake Bell, is the latest member of the family to play for the Kansas City Chiefs.
“You know he’s carrying out this tradition, you know, the Bell family tradition in Kansas City,” said Mike Bell, former Kansas City Chiefs player.
It has been 50 years since the Chiefs have been in a Super Bowl.
“We’re just excited to be here, excited to be in the AFC championship game and have Blake a part of the team in Kansas City, and it just adds to the excitement,” he added.
Mike says seeing his nephew play is a full-circle moment.
“He came to all the games all those years we brought him here, you know, me and Mark bring our families here to all the games, and then now, here he is as a player. It’s almost unreal,” he said.
The Bell family will be headed to the Super Bowl Miami in support of Blake.
- Better Health and Wellness: Understanding low vision
- ‘The Voice’ returns for season 20, along with coach Nick Jonas
- Mother, boyfriend charged after 6-year-old killed, dumped in Ohio River, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- ‘Magnet for predators’: Hundreds claim decades of abuse by 150 youth center staffers