WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A man is in the hospital after being hit by a city bus in east Wichita just before 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
The Wichita Police Department says the 45-year-old man was running across the street heading northbound when he ran in front of the bus.
The bus driver was unable to avoid the man due to heavy traffic.
Police say the man remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Authorities say the man did not have the right of way and they are gathering information from witnesses.
The investigation into the accident is ongoing.
- Sedgwick County jail deputy booked on suspicion of unlawful sexual relations
- LIVE: Trump, First Lady to discuss reopening schools amid coronavirus
- Ex-officer gets 4 months for deadly crash near Arrowhead
- State Fair of Texas canceled for 2020 season; first time since World War II
- New York adds Kansas and Oklahoma to the COVID-19 quarantine list