WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department said a man was arrested following a shooting Saturday at an apartment complex in southwest Wichita. The shooting happened around 12 p.m. in the 2500 block of West Wildwood Lane.
Police said that a fight broke out between 21-year-old Roberto Rodriguez and a 20-year-old man over some property. Rodriguez left and returned with a gun and shot at the man. He wasn’t injured.
Police said the 20-year-old then retrieved his gun and returned fire while Rodriguez ran to an apartment. Rodriguez suffered a gunshot wound to his foot. He was taken to the hospital before being arrested. He was booked on suspicion of aggravated assault and criminal discharge of a firearm.
Police said the shooting was not a random incident, and the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- High School Football: Concordia vs. Scott, October 30, 2020