2 hurt in west Wichita camping trailer fire

Local

Two people were hurt after a camping trailer fire in west Wichita. Fire crews were called to the 10600 block of West Ponderosa around 7:45 p.m. Monday.

When they arrived, they found a man and a woman with burns to their extremities. They were taken to the Via Christi St. Francis burn unit. 

Right now, the investigation is continuing, but firefighters believe a flash fire occurred due to a leak in a propane tank.

“Any time you utilize any propane tanks, it is always important to make sure that you have the proper hose connections and making sure there is a possibility that you have no leaks. When that propane tank is leaking, it is going to find some ignition source,” said Capt. Jose Ocadiz, Wichita Fire Department. 

Fire officials said it is important to do a visual check to make sure the line from a propane tank isn’t kinked or dry rooted. They said soapy water can placed on the line to spot a leak. 

RELATED WEBSITE | Checking For Propane Gas Leaks – Propane 101

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories