OTTAWA, Kan. (KSNW) — A 67-year-old man and a teenager were killed Wednesday morning following a two-vehicle crash in Franklin County.
The crash was reported just after 7 a.m. on Kansas Highway 68, about eight miles east of Ottawa, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
The driver of a 2008 Volkswagon Passat was heading east on K-68 when they lost control for an unknown reason and struck a guard rail. They then went off into the westbound lane and was struck by the driver of a 2018 Ford Explorer on the passenger side.
The driver of the Volkswagon was identified as 67-year-old James Gregory Tracy and a 14-year-old passenger, identified as Harry Ray Mock Jr., both from Rantoul, Kansas, were both pronounced dead at the scene. They were both wearing seat belts, according to KHP.
The driver of the Ford Explorer was reported to have minor injuries and was also wearing a seat belt.
The crash is being investigated by the highway patrol.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show