WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department said there were three minor injuries following a house fire Friday afternoon in southeast Wichita.
The fire started around 1 p.m. at a home located in the 1900 block South Michelle.
When the department arrived, heavy smoke and flames were coming from the garage area.
“We had crews stay away from the interior portion of the garage due to the collapse concerns of the roof,” said Capt. Chad Cox, Wichita Fire Department.
Some of the items stored inside the garage exploded and were highly flammable.
“Inside the garage, not only the fuel tanks and tires on the vehicles, but there were oxygen cylinders and propane tanks,” added Capt. Cox.
Investigators are working to find an official cause of the fire. No word on the dollar amount in damage.
EMS responded to treat three people who refused treatment. Initial reports indicated two people.
- Lawmakers to debate bill that would stop governor from filling treasurer, insurance commissioner openings
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- VACCINES: Phase 2 expected to begin soon
- Keeping Kansas healthy, Colby Elementary secures $30,000 grant to keep students active