WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department said there were three minor injuries following a house fire Friday afternoon in southeast Wichita.
The fire started around 1 p.m. at a home located in the 1900 block South Michelle.
When the department arrived, heavy smoke and flames were coming from the garage area.
“We had crews stay away from the interior portion of the garage due to the collapse concerns of the roof,” said Capt. Chad Cox, Wichita Fire Department.
Some of the items stored inside the garage exploded and were highly flammable.
“Inside the garage, not only the fuel tanks and tires on the vehicles, but there were oxygen cylinders and propane tanks,” added Capt. Cox.
Investigators are working to find an official cause of the fire. No word on the dollar amount in damage.
EMS responded to treat three people who refused treatment. Initial reports indicated two people.
- A hat traveling 700+ miles reunites with Ark. boy
- On The Sideline With Cowley College Men’s Basketball Team
- Ark. teen buys kid a video game after hearing him ask for it in store
- Kansas authorities release name of man killed in I-70 crash
- Kansas officer back on streets following holistic healing program