KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – A prosecutor has ruled that two suburban Kansas City police officers were justified in shooting at a pair of teenagers and wounding one of them.
The Kansas City Star reports that Johnson County, Kansas, District Attorney Steve Howe said Monday in announcing his finding that the Olathe officers had fired in self-defense in November.
A news release said an officer encountered two 16-year-olds while investigating possible car burglaries.
Both teens face charges in the struggle.
- ‘Uber for evictions:’ Startup raising eyebrows for listing tenant removal gig jobs
- List: Bed Bath & Beyond plans to close these stores by the end of 2020
- LIVE: White House press secretary holds briefing
- 1-year-old boy killed in triple shooting in Kansas City
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000