KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – Police in Kansas City, Kansas, are looking for a shooter who injured two people on Interstate 35.
The Kansas City Star reports that the shooting happened just after 1 p.m. Friday.
The victims told police that a vehicle traveling northeast on the interstate pulled up to their car, then someone inside it began shooting.
Police spokesman, officer Jonathan Westbrook, says the victims were the driver and passenger in the car that was targeted.
Westbrook says their injuries appeared not to be life-threatening. Police have not announced any arrests or suspects, nor given a suspected motive for the shooting.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show