WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Two Wichita police officers have been released from the hospital with minor injuries after a driver crashed into their patrol car.
It happened Sunday morning around 1:45 a.m. in the 2400 block of North Arkansas according to Wichita police. Police told KSN the patrol vehicle was struck by a driver while the officers were conducting a traffic stop involving a separate vehicle in the area.
No arrests were made, and police said they are looking for a 33-year-old man based on information gained from the vehicle. The driver is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol. The case is still under investigation.
The officers were taken to a local area hospital for minor injuries. The two have since been released.
Chief Gordon Ramsay, who tweeted photos of the incident, said he is grateful the officers were not seriously hurt or killed in the crash.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler temperatures and showers and storms today
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- Kansas advocates propose agency to track foster care system