TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Authorities say one of two people who were hurt in a house fire in Topeka has died.
Topeka fire officials said Monday that 53-year-old Kristen Edmonston died from injuries she suffered in the fire Saturday.
Deputy fire chief Kelly Adams said in a news release that 65-year-old James Edmonston remains hospitalized Monday. He is in stable condition. Adams says the fire was accidental.
The likely cause is improper handling of smoking materials.
- Second stimulus: Mnuchin says White House will ‘seriously consider’ more payments
- Governor releases requirements for new Kansas mask policy
- Walmart turning 160 of its parking lots into drive-in theaters
- Two trucks collide near Heizer in Barton County
- Buck moon eclipse will be visible in Kansas July 4