MCPHERSON, Kan. (KSNW) – A 7-year-old boy is in the hospital after a hunting accident in McPherson County on Saturday around 5 p.m., according to a McPherson County dispatch supervisor.
Dispatch says the boy was on a hunting trip with his parents when another hunter in the area shot at what he thought was a turkey. However, dispatch says it was a decoy the boy was close to. The boy was struck in the head.
This happened just three miles southeast of Roxbury. The boy was taken to Wesley Medical Center where he is being treated for his injuries.
Police say everyone in the incident is cooperating, but the accident is still under investigation.
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
- KDHE partners with WellHealth for COVID-19 testing site in Harvey County
- Australian family returns home to find koala in their Christmas tree
- Shawnee County rejects part of COVID-19 quarantine guidance
- Missouri man sentenced for possessing child porn in Kansas