ELLINWOOD, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities say an 8-year-old boy on a bicycle was seriously hurt when a sport utility vehicle crashed into him as rode across a highway in central Kansas.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, the boy was struck around 6:40 p.m. Sunday while crossing U.S. 56 in Ellinwood. The boy and the bike weren’t in a crosswalk at the time of the wreck.
The crash report says the boy was taken to a hospital with a suspected serious injury. The driver of the SUV wasn’t hurt.
NOTE: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated where the boy was when he was hit.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Temperature importance when it comes to rain/snow, winter storm update
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Etienne leads Wichita St. past Oral Roberts 85-80
- Kansas City metro parents fighting back on KSHSAA’s ban of fans from middle and high school winter sports