WALLACE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A car crash just before 1 a.m. Wednesday has taken the life of an Arizona woman and injured an Arizona man.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says Serena Hernandez, 23, of Tucson, Ariz., was driving west on Highway 40 between Sharon Springs and Weskan when she entered the ditch on the north side of the road.
Troopers say Hernandez overcorrected, crossed both lanes of traffic and entered the south ditch. The car rolled several times before stopping.
Hernandez died from her injuries.
Her passenger, Andres Ramirez Carreon, 21, of Tucson, suffered potentially serious injuries and was taken to a hospital in Colorado.
The KHP is investigating the crash.
- Homework Hotline: An academic resource for Wichita Public School students
- Veteran Salute: WAVES teach WWII fighters how to fly blind
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens
- Wednesday’s Kansas college basketball scores
- Fourth Quarter Surge Lifts USF over The Lady Shockers