SOUTH HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – One man is dead after crash in Reno County.
The crash occurred 2 a.m. Friday morning on U.S. 50 westbound and the west junction of K-61 south.
Jose Cota-Espinoza, 46, was traveling northeast on K-61 in his truck when he missed his exit. He attempted to make a u-turn and became stuck, blocking both lanes of K-61.
Melvin Uphoff, 72, of Hutchinson was traveling southwest on K-61 when he struck the semi.
Uphoff died of injuries related to the crash. The driver of the semi had no apparent injuries.
- 1 hurt after report of shooting, crash on Wichita highway
- Hannah “Mighty” Mortimer, MaxLab Training partner to put on basketball camp
- Newspaper owner: Sorry for equating mask rule to Holocaust
- Riley County police searching for 10-year-old boy
- Wichitans share thoughts after first weekend with new mask ordinance