SOUTH HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – One man is dead after crash in Reno County.
The crash occurred 2 a.m. Friday morning on U.S. 50 westbound and the west junction of K-61 south.
Jose Cota-Espinoza, 46, was traveling northeast on K-61 in his truck when he missed his exit. He attempted to make a u-turn and became stuck, blocking both lanes of K-61.
Melvin Uphoff, 72, of Hutchinson was traveling southwest on K-61 when he struck the semi.
Uphoff died of injuries related to the crash. The driver of the semi had no apparent injuries.
- US fights spread of false reports about the coronavirus from foreign adversaries
- Adult woman and 9-year-old girl found shot to death in south Wichita home
- Not all heroes wear capes: Haysville thrift store owner closes business, but not food pantry
- McConnell Air Force Base announces first positive COVID-19 case
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – March 30, 2020