SOUTH HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – One man is dead after crash in Reno County.
The crash occurred 2 a.m. Friday morning on U.S. 50 westbound and the west junction of K-61 south.
Jose Cota-Espinoza, 46, was traveling northeast on K-61 in his truck when he missed his exit. He attempted to make a u-turn and became stuck, blocking both lanes of K-61.
Melvin Uphoff, 72, of Hutchinson was traveling southwest on K-61 when he struck the semi.
Uphoff died of injuries related to the crash. The driver of the semi had no apparent injuries.
- Study: Why do some kids contract MIS-C rather than severe COVID?
- High school basketball player in Michigan praised for act of kindness toward opponent
- ‘Real world’ test of Pfizer COVID vaccine confirms effectiveness at preventing illness, even after single dose
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- 1 in 6 Gen Zers identify as LGBT: Gallup poll