WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department announced the name for the department’s newest K-9.
Boomer was chosen for the 2-year-old golden retriever who will be assigned to the bomb unit.
In May, WPD requested input from the public to name the K-9. WPD Bomb Technician Det. Stephanie Neal selected Boomer from the top five names provided.
The department says Boomer and Det. Neal successfully completed their training, and they are certified in explosive detection by the North America Police Working Dog Association.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Rain chances go up, clouds stick around
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Kansas facing abnormally dry conditions; farmers prepare for the worst
- All 62 residents in Norton County nursing home test positive for COVID-19, of which 10 have passed away