WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman critically injured in a crash Monday has died from her injuries. The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office identified her as Linda Keller, 60, of Cheney.
Keller worked for Botanica for approximately 10 years according to Marty Miller, the executive director of Botanica.
Captain Brad Hoch with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office says a box truck was heading north on 247th West. It crashed with Keller’s SUV that was headed east on 21st Street.
The front of the box truck caught on fire.
Both drivers were taken to area hospitals. The sheriff’s office later said the truck driver suffered a broken arm.
Hoch says the stop sign at the intersection is for north and southbound traffic. He says 21st Street traffic does not have to stop.
He said there are witnesses and their statements will be part of the investigation.
Hoch pointed out that the stop sign also has a flashing light on it.
“That’s put up there for a reason, and we need people to pay attention because that’s very important,” he said.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Colder start to the weekend, wintry weather likely by Sunday
- Former coaches remember stand out athlete killed in shooting
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- “The violence needs to end”: Wichita mom speaks out after shooting
- T.J.’s Forecast: Much colder air filters in as a strong cold front tears through