WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman critically injured in a crash Monday has died from her injuries. The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office identified her as Linda Keller, 60, of Cheney.
Keller worked for Botanica for approximately 10 years according to Marty Miller, the executive director of Botanica.
Captain Brad Hoch with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office says a box truck was heading north on 247th West. It crashed with Keller’s SUV that was headed east on 21st Street.
The front of the box truck caught on fire.
Both drivers were taken to area hospitals. The sheriff’s office later said the truck driver suffered a broken arm.
Hoch says the stop sign at the intersection is for north and southbound traffic. He says 21st Street traffic does not have to stop.
He said there are witnesses and their statements will be part of the investigation.
Hoch pointed out that the stop sign also has a flashing light on it.
“That’s put up there for a reason, and we need people to pay attention because that’s very important,” he said.
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Votto’s double in 10th lifts Reds over streaking Royals 6-5
- Confidential creativity: Secret society of artists paint Kansas town
- Nor-Am Cold Storage brings 90 essential jobs to Dodge City