WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Three people are in the hospital, two of which under police custody, following a rollover accident Friday afternoon that began after a police chase.
Wichita Police Department said that at approximately 5:12 p.m. officers were dispatched to the 100 block of North Ash Street to assist the Kansas Department of Corrections in apprehending a 26-year-old male with a felony warrant for absconding.
The suspect then got inside a gray Ford Fusion, attempting to flee police. Officers attempted to stop the vehicle, causing the driver to briefly pull over. The suspect then drove off, leading officers on pursuit.
The chase ended after the suspect ran a stop sign at the intersection of Douglas and Green streets, when it struck a red Ford Explorer causing the SUV to rollover.
The woman in the SUV was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The suspect and his female passenger were taken into custody and transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The parties names have not been identified at this time.
- Crowds at the Florabama and Orange Beach watch waters for SpaceX Splashdown
- Californians renting out their backyard pools amid coronavirus closures
- Red fox with Instagram account euthanized after Colorado Springs woman ‘kidnaps’ it
- Georgia teen loses both parents to COVID-19 just days apart
- Parents struggle as schools reopen amid coronavirus surge