KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KSNW) – A California man was sentenced today to 78 months in federal prison for smuggling heroin and methamphetamine to Kansas.
Allan Bryan DeJesus, 40, Bakersfield, Calif., pleaded guilty to one count of possession with intent to distribute heroin.
In his plea, he admitted he was on his way to Kansas City on Jan. 5, 2019, when the Kansas Highway Patrol pulled him over on I-70 in Thomas County.
In DeJesus’ vehicle, a trooper found two pounds of heroin and 20 pounds of crystal methamphetamine.
- ICT Bar Rescue awards $50,000 worth of grants
- Going after his dreams: Dennis describes training for the NBA Draft
- ‘I just really wanna get home’: Kansas mom stuck in Colombia, after adoption trip
- Local print company doing its part to help during pandemic, giving away 500 free masks
- New models show fewer Americans will die of COVID-19 than original predictions — but ONLY if social distancing continues