WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Jeep crashed through a wall and landed in a pool on Wednesday morning. It happened at Chaucer Estates, a senior living facility, in the 10500 block of East 21st Street North just before 10 a.m.
The Wichita Fire Department said an elderly woman pushed on the gas instead of the brakes and her Jeep went into the building. The vehicle was partially submerged in a pool.
She refused transportation by EMS.
The fire department used a stabilizer to shore up the wall.
It was the second incident Wednesday with a vehicle running into a building. The first happened in West Wichita near Tyler and McCormick.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Rain chances go up, clouds stick around
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- All 62 residents in Norton County nursing home test positive for COVID-19, of which 10 have passed away
- Chiefs top Bills, improve to 5-1