WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Emergency crews were called to a west Wichita business Wednesday after a van crashed into a business. It happened on Tyler between McCormick and Kellogg around 9 a.m.
KSN News was told by officials that a man in his 80s was driving west on McCormick and turned onto Tyler and crashed into the business. Officials say he may have blacked out.
“But everything showed good on his vitals, he doesn’t have a recollection of what happened so they’re going to go get him checked out,” said Sgt. Troy Nebalek, Wichita Police Department.
He was transported to the hospital. A person inside the business wasn’t hurt.
The fire department worked to shore up the business.
- KBI agents put to the test handling three officer-involved shooting on top of current caseload
- Local ICU nurses facing fatigue as pandemic continues on
- Positive Connections: Strangers rebuild kidney donor’s home after fire
- Strong numbers continue for early voting
- Teachman’s Take: Misty night gives way to a brief warm up, snow still on track this weekend