WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - In two weeks, you'll be able to reserve your tickets for the annual St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway.
The home is located in northwest Wichita inside the Sandcrest community.
It has an estimated value of $525,000.
During Kansas Today, KSN's Amanda Aguilar visited the home for the first time to see the progress being made.
Livengood Custom Carpentry moved into the home this week. Carpenters are focusing on the trimming throughout the house and setting all the doors.
The local company is one of several companies donating their labor, material, and services to the St. Jude Dream Home campaign.
"It feels good," said lead carpenter Brad Livengood. "I know people in life I've lost from cancer and it's a good charity."
The home has four bedrooms and four bathrooms, and is 4,190 square feet.
"There are a lot of cool features. Some cool rooms in the basement, really neat outdoor living space off the kitchen," shared Curtis Cowgill with Nies Homes. "We're really excited for people to see it."
The house also features an open living and kitchen space and a game/pub area downstairs.
According to Cowgill, the exterior of the home is traditional with a few modern elements.
"We'll have neutral colors inside. Then we're going to bring in pops of color with tile and some of the furnishings," he said.
The carpenters plan to finish their work by the end of this week, so the painters could start painting the home next week.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Video: Wichita team helps boy score first points...
- Wichita salons say mystery shopper making...
- Man believes serial killer's sketch shows his mom
- Wintery weather hits north central Kansas: "I...
- Winter weather causes traffic woes throughout...