Cat dies in southwest Wichita house fire caused by fireworks

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Fireworks is the cause of a house fire in southwest Wichita that left a cat dead.

The fire happened just before 10:30 p.m. Sunday in the 2400 block of S. Bonn, near Pawnee and Meridian.

Wichita fire investigators say the resident of the home discarded fireworks in a trash can and then brought the can into the garage.

The fireworks later caught on fire. A house next door had melted siding and suffered other damage.

The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories